Friday, January 29, 2010

Salon dilemma....

I'm sitting here vulnerable. I realized something today.

" I am not my hair...." this statement is a strong one,that quite frankly is used by cancer striken women. This quote is a powerful one. And I, at one point thought that I could honestly be one person to use this quote. But I AM my hair.
I am a chubby, some would say fat, middle aged woman who until this day never knew how much my hair has played a part in my sexuality, and my self esteem.
For the last week I've been brave enough to leave my hair in it's natural condition... Curly. I'm not talking cute little curls either I'm talking straight up wow I had no idea your hair was that kinky curly! Ya I said it.., kinky. Why try to play? It is with out a doubt unmanageable curls. I am afterall Hispanic, and not the lucky kind to get the "good" hair.So I have been feeling kinda ugly, down about myself, particularly thinking why would any male find this attractive. Let alone my husband who sees the "behind the scences" action.
So there was a point to all this.. Oh ya. Uhm so I was off today and decided that today I would like to go to the hair salon and have them do all the work of straighting my hair...
1. Get the strength and courage to go
2. Although $15 bucks is a great price do I really want to pay it?
3. Do I feel like having someone touch my hair? All a while they are thinking what the hell?! (i'm convinced that I have the worst hair in the world
4. 3 hrs in the salon?! Really?
And finally.. Do I feel like apologizing for what my friend or enemy mother nature "blessed" me with?

So I say yes.... Yes I do feel like going so I did. So I spend a few hours there getting it conditioned and straightened. After I leave there I feel beautiful like a tv ad for hair conditioner. My step has an extra pep to it. I feel on top of the world. I sit in my car a renewed women. To verify my feeling I pull down the visor and looked in the mirror and tosseled my hair and smile an affirming smile. And think: B-E-A-utiful! Yes now I can go on living..
When my husband saw me he said. "I can't kiss you.." I said why? Then he said "cause you're to beautiful!"
To confirm this, a man at the gas station was starring at me when I was pulling up to the pump while he was going in the gas station store and accidently hit himself with the door. Hehe. Confirmation indeed.
So yes I AM my hair. It's what makes me feel beautiful.









- Posted using Some of my brain cells...


No comments:

Post a Comment